- St. Vincent – The 2014 film featuring Bill Murray, Melissa McCarthy, and Naomi Watts was much better than I expected! The story centers on Maggie an overworked and frazzled single mom trying to adjust, her precarious and picked upon son Oliver, the reluctant neighbor turned babysitter Vincent who has a gambling problem, oh and a pregnant Russian prostitute named Daka thrown into the mix. Somehow they all help each other in ways they couldn’t imagine. It was heartwarming and funny. I thought Vincent and Oliver had great rapport together too. I may have even teared up a little towards the end.
- Engagement Pictures Photobombing Dog – I want to find this Minnesotan dog and give him all the hugs. Meet Louie and find out how his love of fall leaves left his owners with the best engagement pictures ever.
- Spring/Summer 2016 Dior Show – There were plenty of amazing shows this season, but Raf Simmons for Dior takes the top spot. Did you guys see this? GORGEOUS. STUNNING. ALL THE DESCRIPTIVE WORDS! Simmons built a 400,000 delphiniums full man-made hill for the Spring/Summer 2016 Dior show to take place inside of located in front of The Louvre’s Cour Carrée. It was truly mind blowing in pictures, I can only imagine what it was like in person.
- Revlon Ultra HD Lip Gloss in Carnelian – Makeup is not my strong suit. When I want to explore a trend I start off with baby steps, hence why I tried the berry/vampy lip in a gloss first. However, I loved this Revlon Ultra HD so much I may just stick with it! Everything from application, color, and longevity is perfect.
- Why You Always Lyin? Vine/Meme – The number of uses for this meme never ends. It’s become a main stay in my texting/tweeting. Originally a six-second Vine set to the tune of “Too Close” by 90s one-hit-wonder Next. The Vine was so popular they made a full-length video. It’s so hysterical and somehow it gets even better each time you watch. (Some NSFW language.)
- New Politics – You guys, I can’t even begin to write here how much I have fallen in love with the band New Politics. Anyone who has been asking me for music recs lately has been hearing their name. You lovely readers will even be getting a post about why they’re worth a listen later this week! New Politics’ album Vikings has been the backing track to my workouts the last few days, getting me in the zone perfectly.
- Le Town Talk Diner – For my Minnesota friends I recently had dinner at Le Town Talk French Diner & Drinkery in the Longfellow neighborhood of Minneapolis with my foodie friend and it was delicious! We may have had bigger eyes than stomachs as we split poutine, bacon brussel sprouts, a baguette with to die for herb butter, and frozen lemon cake – but it was well worth it. The place was totally Instagrammable too, which is always a plus in my book. I can’t wait to get back and try brunch. I’m already dreaming of some crêpes.
My Favorite Posts of the Month:
- The One Album You Should Listen To: Dopamine by BØRNS
- Sensationalizing Celebrity
- Ed Sheeran and the Art of Cover Songs
- I’m Not Perfect and That’s Okay
What were your favorite finds during October?
Until next time,