I am hands down one of the worst people to have to shop for. My entire family hates it. Come birthday and Christmas times, it’s an uphill battle. I’m someone if I want something that badly and can afford it, I buy it for myself. I don’t like waiting and I don’t like giving this list of things I want in expectation others will buy me any of them. Is anyone else like that? This year though, I’ve tried to cut back on the personal spending in the months leading up to my birthday so I could have a bit of a birthday wishlist for once. I can hear my mom thanking the powers that be. (At least until she gets to the shoes.)
I’ve never made a public wish list as a blogger even though I know they are fairly common place, but I admit I feel a bit like a certified tool making one. (Have I ever mentioned I’m not a fan of my birthday because I feel incredibly awkward putting the attention on myself?) I guess there’s a first time for everything though. Plus, I know I’ll end up treating myself eventually.
- A record player and by that I mean a QUALITY one. I’m talking best sound, real deal experience type of listening. I should probably do some specific research because with this kind of item I know I’m going to be more picky. Bonus: Purple Rain on vinyl to go along with that snazzy new record player. I had most of Prince’s collection on mp3 or cd but had wanted this on vinyl for a while because duh, however I just never bought it. Now that he has passed it’s almost impossible to find here in Minnesota – it doesn’t help that I refuse to not buy from small local stores for my records. I want to keep them in business, so I will always support them.
2. I would like to start doing a bit more portrait work in my own photography and feature some fashion posts of my own on the blog/Instagram. A fixed 50mm lens for my DSLR is perfect for this. Bonus: Getting a better portrait lens means I should probably also invest in a ring light to perfect that glow. It would also be a god send come winter time here in the great north when I want to do a bit of prop photography indoors.
3. A girl can never have too many shoes right? That’s what I keep telling myself at least. My all time favorite pair of sandals aren’t quite dead yet, but they’re on life support. While I have a few other pairs I enjoy, I want another comfy long lasting ones so I turned to Birkenstocks. But not the normal ones, not that there is anything wrong with them, but you know me and I have to have a bit of pizazz. I’m leaning towards the Copper Color leather. Bonus: While I’m already a massive shoe fiend, I still have a few fall backs that you can always count on. One of those is my love of Converse. I’ve already got quite the assortment, but I’ve had my eye on lo-top all black leather ones for a while.
4. Since I randomly decided to fall in love with makeup in my mid-twenties, I have loved trying all kinds of new and fun products. My favorite find has been the Kylie Lip Kits. I have been resisting buying all three of the metals from collection because I wanted to see if the Colourpop equivalent hold up for a fraction of the price. Since we’re already paying for shipping, let’s throw in a few of the fun hot pinks and purples for summer.
5. I’m still torn on a Fitbit. Those that have them, swear by it. But doesn’t my phone already do everything that a Fitbit does? Part of me feels like it’s a waste of money due to that. However, I really am trying to make healthier life choices and this is one that seems to always pop up.
Bonus: Hamilton tickets. Even just the nosebleeds. This will never happen due to Hamilton frenzy, but it would hands-down be the best birthday present ever. So hey Lin Manuel-Miranda if you’re reading this…
Are you someone that’s easy to shop for?
P.S. – I’m not ashamed of a single item on my wishlist, because I don’t believe in guilty pleasures. If you like it, like it fully.
Until next time,